Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

STRENGTH FOR THE WEAK


“Let the weak say I am strong”

It’s very possible to utter these words, every other minute, yet get weaker and weaker. Pretty ironic, yeah? Actually, not really. At times, I wonder if this is because of a lack of faith or simply the absence of the knowledge of our status in Him. On one hand, faith is a way of life, and it comes by hearing the ‘word’, so if we want to live by faith (which is God’s expectation for the righteous), our craving for the ‘word’ should be outrageously consistent. On the other hand, If God’s divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness, so why then do we need faith? I may be wrong, but that scripture sounds like “whether you like it or not, I have given you everything you need for life and godliness” But do we really have everything? Maybe we have everything at our disposal, but there are conditions for accessing them. That’s where faith comes in.

The truth is, having faith is not a choice we should ponder on, if it’s the basis of our existence. “The just shall live by faith, but if any man draws back, my soul shall have no pleasure in Him.” Hebrews 10:38. Just like we need air to breath, food to eat and water to drink, we need faith to live. I dare say without faith…we are dead. Life would really be hopeless without faith.

I woke up this morning with a dire need for strength. The devil likes to see us drown in our downtime, wallow in pity and deteriorate into a condemned state. As a matter of fact, he derives utmost pleasure in it. But how long shall we continue to entertain him? How long shall we continue to let our flesh prevail?
There is strength in God’s word. There is strength to pick ‘yourself’ up, immediately after a fall, and there is strength to remain standing. Someone once said "Grace wasn’t given to us so we can constantly take advantage of it after we sin, but just in case we Sin." In other words, the fact that we have a lifeline at our disposal doesn’t mean we should abuse it and drain it into a drought. God is a God of the weak and also a God of the strong. If He can make you strong, He can keep you strong. He will.

I have come to understand that the principles that govern the earth and its resources were brought to existence by words, and only words can alter or activate them.
“Let the weak say I am strong.” Uttering those words repeatedly and truly believing them causes the mind to align its thoughts to the gravity and potency of its contents. “I have my shortcomings, but I am strong and I can overcome every one of them!” “I have a problem with being obedient, but I have the strength to prevail against disobedience!” “I have a problem with being sincere, but I have the courage to tell the truth and be free!” “I get very feeble and vulnerable to things that don’t edify my spirit, but I have the strength to feed my spirit and starve my flesh!” “I have a problem with doubt and fear, but I have the strength to be bold and courageous!” “I can do all things!!!”

Anytime you find yourself in any of the circumstances aforementioned (and more), take advantage of the strength that has been made available to you, and activate it with faith. Also, in confessing your possession of 'strength', don't deny where you are. Help usually comes to those who admit they need it, so don't miss out on an opportunity to be helped, by putting up an appearance of strength.

Seek for strength in weakness. And when you find it, guard it with your life.



Live by faith. Stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment