Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

THE FRAGRANCE OF FAITH

Something you can choose to ignore: You don’t always have to agree to what I say or what anyone else says. And you don’t always have to fault peoples’ actions or school of thought. Just ask God for a discerning spirit, that you may be able to create a dichotomy between the truth and fallacies. Also, the fact that it’s logical doesn’t mean you should adopt it. Be conscious of what you take in. It can build you…or destroy you. “The entrance of God’s word gives light and understanding to the simple” Psalm 119:130 Selah

The FRAGRANCE OF FAITH: I wrote this title down somewhere on a piece of paper, but i didn't set my eyes on it until this afternoon. As coincidental as it might sound, I was about to take a nap when I saw the paper just beside my pillow. lol i decided to make this topic my focus for tonight.
Just this evening, when the power supply was restored, i decided to check youtube for Visa d. kline's videos, cos i remembered seeing a link on her bio on twitter. Meanwhile, If you're on twitter, please follow this great vessel of God @visadklline If you're not on twitter, you need to sign up for an account. There are a lot of Great people God is using to spread the word. People sign up on social networking sites for various reasons, but I can boldly confess my addiction to twitter because of the wonderful people I’ve been opportune to connect with. I’ll be making a few recommendations at the end of this post. You really don’t have to follow them if you don’t want to, but I assure you, it will be a worthwhile experience. God can use anybody to slip a word through to bless. No one man knows it all. You can learn from your friends, your so-called enemies and even from strangers. God bless you as you become more conscious of the truth, irrespective of the vessel. But let’s be prayerful…and wise.

I looked up the meaning of the word ‘faith’, and according to the dictionary, Faith is reliance, loyalty, or complete trust in God or someone else. The bible says “faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.” Matthew 9:2 reads “Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus SAW their faith, he said to the paralytic, ‘Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven” My emphasis is actually on ‘Jesus SAW their faith’ Now this makes me wonder ‘faith’ actually reflects in our actions. It becomes ‘alive’ when it is backed with ‘action’. My pastor once said “If we as church workers are expecting numerical growth, we have to first build a capacity in us to be able to handle them” in other words, step up your work with God. Build yourselves in the word. Spend more time studying and meditating on God’s word. Your dispositions and actions will certainly show if you’re ready for the multitude you’re expecting. “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead” James 2:17.
A student whose dream is to become a doctor, is trusting God for an admission into the university to study medicine, yet he’s finding it difficult to read medical articles and materials. Gathering materials and building knowledge about the medical field seems not to be a priority now, right? That’s just great! You cannot be ‘the first and not the last’ without getting on the race track. It’s not just about positive confessions. Think about it.

I’ve been in situations where people said I couldn’t do stuff; someone recently said to me ‘This chosen career of yours can’t feed a family’ and so many other pessimistic views from people I least expected them from. Though some of these words discouraged me and even made me relent in my pursuit of what I made up my mind to do (as some point), on the other hand, I asked myself 'whose report should I believe?' As a Geography major student, I’ve always had interest in IT, music and entertainment in general. Stabbing classes for concerts, choir rehearsals and bible study meetings, I just knew that I was doing something right. God has been molding me for this moment. Hearkening to what people felt I should be doing would have ruined God’s plan for me. I’ve picked up courage and willpower in the midst of it all; I’ve gotten to know God more. I’ve come to realize that living out God’s plan for me is the best thing that can ever happen to me. So call me whatever you like, think of me as whatever crosses your mind…”His report says something entirely different. And I choose to believe His report.” We all need to consciously CHOOSE to believe His report concerning us. If He said you were made in His image and His likeness, who is man to say otherwise?

After seeing the video below, I am too certain that ‘Faith dictates everything’ God bless you, Visa Klline. The title is “FAITH DICTATES FASHION”





Say no to inferiority complex. Someone needs to holler out “I might not meet your specification, but God created me nothing less than perfect.” Someone needs to brighten up. Work hard. Pray harder. Thank God.
One of my favourite hymns is TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS. It’s just too inspiring. Ask God for grace to trust him more. The situation looks ugly, but you’ve got to trust Him for a way out…You’ve got to have faith in Him. I must confess, it’s not very easy to hold on when there’s not even a sign of a breakthrough in sight. Rely on faith to give you an evidence of the things you can’t see but expect to receive.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Let your faith in God be your driving force. Let it dictate your pace. Faith is the evidence of things that are not seen. I might not be there yet, but I certain have a glimpse of where I’m going, so I’m already taking a few steps in that direction. I’m so excited about it. I can perceive it.
The fragrance of faith is so strong…it’s an evidence of supremacy over the obvious. Speak. Act. Believe

Follow these wonderful people on twitter @visadklline @thewriteperson @itskevinbond @pastorYPJ @aaronlinzy @pastorJKA @Drmikemurdock @onewordgospel @Keetwit @alconley @edeweysmith @hartramsey @lssimpact
More in my next post. God bless us all!

Work hard. Pray harder. Thank God.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...thanks for this post. God is speaking to me through this. Continue to do what you do!

    ReplyDelete