Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

THE IMPATIENT PATIENT

The dailies are always filled with strange stories – tragic, motivating,
inspiring, daring; the list is just endless. On television, we see a lot of
bizarre things, like people sharing disheartening experiences, stories of
how they almost committed suicide because of incessant problems; some
sharing testimonies of how they overcame one setback or the other; and some
forecasts of disasters…(I wonder why people would appear on my TV set,
forecasting a disaster)

*Hisses and continues typing*

I get very excited when I hear people say "I was jobless for about 8 years,
but now I have a good job with a fat salary and several benefits to go with
it" or "I really can't explain what happened. All I know is, God is
faithful."

Some are not able to express their joy with words, instead, they burst into
tears, and (sometimes) you can’t but cry along, not because you understand what
they've been through, but because you can sense the sincerity of thanksgiving inhabiting
their hearts.

I had an appointment with the doc, one morning. Since the check-up was
scheduled to take place between 7am and 8am, I thought to myself, I should
be back in the office around 9am, max, cos I had a meeting slated for 10:15.


I got to the hospital around 8am, but didn't get my card until about an hour
later. Getting really upset, I started tweeting my feelings to the world,
complaining about how people never like to keep to time (ref 2 d doc). It
was already past 8, n d doc hasn't started attended to the patients. I was
the 22nd person to get to the emergency ward, and that alone was enough to
tell me that I was going to tarry there a lil longer than I envisaged.

2hrs rolled by, and then 3hrs. At the fourth hour, I was called into the
doc’s office. The check up didn't last up to 4mins. I was like "is dat all?
After about 4hrs?" After about 15mins, i was done!

I left the hospital feeling very good, better than I’ve been feeling for the
past 9days.... then it dawned on me that if I had left the hospital, like I
was already planning to do, I would have had to reschedule the appointment,
and remain very uncomfortable for a week – I won’t be typing this note, now!


When we wait on God for something specific, let’s always have this at the
back of our minds “His thoughts towards us are thoughts of good and not of
evil, and He will never neglect us as long as we are in right standing with
Him!” This is enough to assurance!

Just act right!

God is not deaf. He's not blind, neither is He dumb! He hears us when we cry
unto Him. He sees the intents of our heart. He will never lie nor deceive
us. If He doesn’t respond now, maybe it’s cos He feels you won’t be able to
handle it, immediately! He is never too late to act. We are the ones always
in a hurry.

Does a patient have a choice?

If we think He is not swift enough to grant our requests, we might as well
go and grant them ourselves. But if we go to Him with our supplications,
knowing we can't get things done by our power or with our physical
resources, then every second, minute, hour, day, month or even year, is
worth waiting for.

It's not as easy as it sounds, but trust me... it can be easier than it
sounds!

Please, feel free to share this.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment