Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A SPEECH IN SILENCE

i woke up this morning like i barely even slept. i guess it was because I had something very important to do, something I was thinking about till shortly before midnight. I got in and outta the shower in a few minutes, and i was ready to hit the road.
I started making phone calls, tweeting, sending IMs, and fixing appointments as I walked down the road.

I had a lot of reasons to thank God. it was finally time to start fulfilling my dreams (Not like I haven't already started, but the step i was about to take was a very monumental one) . I prepared my heart and mind towards this day, gathering as much experience as i could, and of course, i even had to convince my self that i was doing the right thing.  I changed my mind as i was led, or should I say "As the situation demanded"? (Too much excitement could lead you into doing something really stupid at times, u know?).

I took a chill pill, and decided to talk to someone about it.The outcome of the conversation made me even happier.
i went ahead to do other things i had planned for the day, and just as i was about getting to the house this evening to share the good news with my folks, i decided to tweet about God's goodness and faithfulness.
After a few words of appreciation, i came across a friend's tweet that read "we lost a queen, today. listening to her works @ Ex-O's. Nelo rest in peace ma" Huhhhh...I read it again just to be sure I wasn't seeing things ..words failed me...my countenance dropped and tears flowed freely.

My tempo reduced as I tried to comprehend what i just read...as i tried to deny it...as i tried to wish it away.

Life - you thank God for good news, and in less than 90 seconds, you get knocked off ur feet with a sad one, and you're not sure whether to thank God for that too, or just burst into tears, stuttering "God, why? why? why does it have to be someone so sweet? why does it have to be someone with a good heart...someone with a warm spirit? why does it have to be someone so nice?"
It was difficult, but i sought for reasons to thank God.

Chinelo was very loving and caring...truly gifted and talented. She encouraged me in so many ways words fail to express. I can hardly recall a dull moment spent around her.
She was one of the people who introduced me to the 'Rugged n Righteous' family, and made me stay.

Chinelo, I know you are reading this note. I know you are in a better place, where there's no sickness or pain. You will always be a part of my success story (and that of many others).
I pray that God will grant her family, and we her friends, the fortitude to bear this GREAT loss.

Our tears can't bring you back, but we rejoice knowing you are resting peacefully in the arms of the Creator.
May Heaven receive your soul, chinelo!

Rest in Perfect peace, my friend.

Till we meet again...Adieu

Love you, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment